Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be exposed to interactive and facilitated classrooms with performance task activities and assessments to promote “owning their learning”.
- Highland High School students will be critical and independent thinkers (as evidenced by a variety of multiple assessments) that apply knowledge through:
- Recognizing problems and formulating appropriate solutions
- Demonstrating usage of higher order thinking skills
- Using logic to solve problems
- Students will use technology to perform research in multiple rigorous and relevant classroom settings and determine which information is relevant and reputable.
- At least 55 percent of all diploma track students will complete a college readiness exam HSD, e.g. PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP, IB, AVC College Assessment.