2022-2023 School Year Enrollment
2022-2023 School Year
AVUHSD New Student Enrollment for 2022-2023 School Year
Welcome to the Antelope Valley Union High School District’s enrollment information page! We’re happy to have you joining us. Below you will find helpful information regarding enrolling your student with AVUHSD.
AVUHSD uses PowerSchool Enrollment as a one-stop, simple process for enrolling your student. Within PowerSchool Enrollment, you will be able to enter all necessary student and parent/guardian information, as well as upload digital copies of required documents. PowerSchool Enrollment is mobile-friendly, meaning if you don’t have access to a computer or scanner, you can complete the whole process on a smartphone or tablet by taking pictures of your documents and attaching them from your device’s photo album. The online portion of the enrollment process can be completed from the comfort and safety of your home.
Because of a working relationship with local feeder school districts, most incoming 9th graders have already been pre-loaded into our student information system, but we still need a parent/guardian to complete the PowerSchool Enrollment process and upload required documents that are not shared with us by the feeder districts. Your student’s enrollment is not complete until the parent/guardian completes all PowerSchool Enrollment steps.
Local Student Enrollment
9th - 12th grade students that are attending a local Antelope Valley High School must be withdrawn from their school before enrolling at Highland High School. The 2022-2023 Enrollment online needs to be completed either before or at the time of enrollment. You can find it by logging into your PowerSchool parent portal. If you are unable to login to your PowerSchool parent portal, contact the registration team at HHS-Registration@avhsd.org.
If your student attended an Antelope Valley high school but is coming from a high school outside the area, contact the registration team for information and directions.
To complete your student’s enrollment, parent/guardian must come to Highland High School in-person to have documents and/or information verified.
In the event you are unable to complete the online portion of enrollment via a web browser from your cell phone, tablet or computer contact the registration team at: HHS-Registration@avhsd.org.
New to Area Enrollment
New to area students
Numbers 1 and 2 are non-negotiable - student will not be enrolled without both of them!
1. Address verification in parent/Guardian's name (two current utility bills, closing escrow papers or rental agreement, dated within the past 60 days).
2. Up-to-date immunizations (click here to see CA requirements).
3. Birth certificate, Passport or Visa to verify date of birth.
4. Withdrawal grades AND unofficial transcript. This is so we can properly place student in classes.
5. Parent/Guardian's State issued identification or driver's license.
6. Court documents of custody or guardianship, if applicable.
7. IEP or 504 Plan if student has one.
In the event you are unable to complete the online portion of enrollment via a web browser from your cell phone, tablet, or computer, contact the registration team by email at: HHS-Registration@avhsd.org. To complete your student's enrollment, parent/guardian must come to Highland High School in-person to have documents and/or information verified.
If you would like to enroll your middle or high school student in our fully-online Virtual Academy (grades 7-12), please select the link below:
2023-2024 School Year Enrollment
Incoming 9th Graders:
Students are required to attend the school in the area in which their parent/guardian resides.
Letters with enrollment information and important dates were mailed Match 17, 2023. Please follow the directions in the enrollment letter to complete the online portion of enrollment. A Highland staff member will contact you with further directions.
Foster parents must provide "placement" documentation. Legal guardians must show guardianship/court documentation.
A family living with another family who can not provide proof of residency or caregivers of students whose parent/guardian live outside the Antelope Valley will be referred to our Community Attendance Worker for approval before registration.
Any fraudulent information/documentation may result in the withdrawal of your student(s) from Highland High School.
In the event you are unable to complete the online portion of the enrollment process via a web browser from your cell phone, tablet, or computer, contact the registration team at: HHS-Registration@avhsd.org or call us at 661-538-0304 ext. 376 or ext. 341.
Documents you need:
- Two CURRENT (within the last 60 days) documents proving residency within Highland's boundaries such as an electric, gas or water bill, Escrow paperwork (closed), Lease agreement or Rental agreement. No phone bills.
- Up-to-date immunization record.
- Student's birth certificate, Passport or Visa to verify birth date.
- Last report card or progress report.
- Parent/Guardian's State issued identification or Driver's license.
- Court documents of custody or guardianship, if applicable.
- IEP or 504 Plan, if student has one.
email@example.com for Enrollment Inquiries