Antelope Valley School District

Work Experience/Permits Additional Information


While school is in session, students needing to renew or receive a work permit MUST contact their school site Work Experience Coordinator to make an appointment.


  • 2.0 or better GPA
  • No F's
  • Satisfactory Attendance - No more than 7 absences in any 2 classes

Work Experience Application Process

  1. A Business offers employment to a minor
  2. COMPLETE the Work Permit APPLICATION (click for application)
  3. The Business/Employer /Manager complete their section of the Work permit APPLICATION,
  4. Parent needs to complete their section of the application giving minor permission to work.
  5. The Working Minor student area needs to be completed.
  6. Complete School Address information.


Mrs.Calvert - - Mrs. Calvert is at HHS Mondays from 1pm to 2pm in room 232

- OR -  

Mr. Green - - Mr. Green is at HHS Thursdays from 11:30am to 1:30pm in room 232

During your Appointment,  the working minor/student must be present 

 When meeting for your appointment be SURE TO BRING:

  •  Work permit application COMPLETED with ORIGINAL signatures(Business, Parent, & Minor)
  • OWN Pen (Blue or Black ink only)
  • *Parent is NOT required to be present

**Appointments are in person and will be held in room 232 

Work Experience Education

Provides paid or unpaid on-the-job experiences for secondary school students through training agreements with employers. Please contact the Work Experience Coordinator at your student's school. Types of work experience programs include:

  • Vocational
  • General
  • Exploratory

Additional Information

More information and links: